Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I've Failed - And that's fun!

Rob asked me the other night what I wasn't good at. He seems to think I excel at things. If it looks that way - it's smoke and mirrors. I was actually enjoying thinking of all the things I'm terrible at. The great thing is that if you're a friend/relative of mine, and you are good at these things, then I guess we now know why God put you in my life.

List of Stuff I Stink At:

  • Uncorking wine bottles
  • DJ'ing (my brother was a DJ and tried to teach me, I can't hear the transition)
  • Cooking (I'm trying... and still trying...)
  • Swimming (I hate putting my head under water)
  • Understanding finance and investments - HUH?? (Rob, I married a Finance Major so I wouldn't have to do this)
  • Art (my people look like aliens or ducks)
  • Losing the last 10 lbs of baby weight (could be just a motivation issue)
  • Unclogging a toilet (how in the world do people do it?)
  • Driving a stick (how do you get off a stop sign without stalling?)
  • Ironing (I can't get clothes to look really pressed - I think it's my technique)
  • Relaxing (my idea of a vacation is one with an itinerary)
  • Slolum water skiing (ok, so it's been 12 years since I tried)
  • Keeping in touch (I sometimes forget to return phone calls... yikes)
  • Editing Myself before speaking (I'm getting better!)
  • Gardening (why do they always die?)

I'm rejoicing in all the things I'm bad at and good at. Always learning. I know I don't have to be good at all these things I'm bad at. That's why I know you! - Jen

1 comments:

Fernandez said...

Jen...Jen what a list. I didn't get the cooking gene either. But....here's a couple random things that Jen excels at:

Jen: Reading European maps and knowing where to go to eat and how n the heck to commnicate to get there.

Me: Following Jen's lead and eating chocolate croissants.

Jen: Knowing words to songs. She is like a human jukebox.

Me: Making up words for songs that are well known. Like the "Feed the World" Christmas tune that I thought was "Fe ga ro oooo"

Ok..off to bed! We like your bloggin' & pictures.
Love, Jodi & Sean