Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weapons Genius

I was reading on CNN yesterday about a 22 year old kid that is an international arms dealer. Did you hear about this? The quote from his grandfather was "I would prefer he became a nice Jewish doctor or lawyer rather than an arms dealer." Duh. As president of his own company out of Florida he has, according to U.S. government documents, done more than $10 million of business with the U.S. government since 2004. He can barely drink alcohol legally, yet he's buying weapons from other countries and selling them to the US for almost 4 years. I would not presume to pass judgement on the manner in which he's doing business for the US, just that he's so stinkin' young that I wonder if he has enough life experience to identify right from wrong in his business dealings. Sounds like a pretty dangerous life... but maybe I just watch too many movies. ;) Can't you just imagine this becoming a movie in a few years? They'll add some flavor and then the tag line..."based on a true story".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Two words... Lord of War! Okay two words with an of in the middle!

Anonymous said...

I have no words...should I really be all that surprised by this? This is the world we live in--Lord Jesus, come quickly!

I find it profoundly disturbing that our gov. would buy weapons from a 22 yr. old and then have the gall to wage war on "terrorists."

Pls., may there be an end in sight to the Reign of the Republicans.

on a side note: love the ecclectic entries, Jen! keep writing, mi hermana!