Toby and I were singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" on the way to daycare this morning. He's a great singer. Suddenly, he didn't want any more singing. "No, Mama. No singing." Well, gosh, I was in the singing mood. Naturally, I asked him if he'd like to sing instead. "No, Mama!! No singing."
Was he sure he didn't want to sing? I was kind of stirring a three year-old's pot. "MAMA! I have feelings! I feel sad, I feel mad, I feel happy!" The logical next question is, "how do you feel now?" I opened up a can of worms. "MAMA! I feel sad, mad and happy!!!" Obviously I wasn't listening close enough. I waited a minute in quiet. I was trying to supress my giggles. I began singing "Take Me Out ot the Ballgame" again (hee hee).
If you ever wonder why three year olds are whiney and throw the occassional tantrum, it's because they feel sad, mad and happy all at the same time. I'd be frustrated, too!
(Or, maybe, it's because their Mama stirs the pot. "Feelings... nothing more than, feelings...")
(smiles)
10 years ago

1 comments:
Hah haa! That was so much fun imagining that car ride. I miss you guys!
Post a Comment