Saturday, December 27, 2008

Confession - 2008 Christmas Cards

I dreamed in years past of what it would be like not to send Christmas cards. One less task on the list, no trip to the post office, no addressing and stressing over which picture to use. It almost happened this year. I ordered our picture cards the second week in December - I realize that was already a tad late. They didn't arrive until after we left for Vegas. Rob brought them along and they were in my hands on December 23rd.

Then, I knit instead of address them. I kept looking at them... wondering... should I send them? They stared at me and said, "You spent all that money on us to let us go to waste? All those friends and family waiting in eager anticipation (not really, but it makes for a nice story). Do you really want to disappoint them?"

Today, I addressed about 40 of them. I still have more to go, and I'm quickly running out of cards. Rob and I don't have printed return address labels. We're even considering sending them out without return addresses because neither of us want to write them out. That's how lazy we have become about it this year.

I still have to buy stamps and mail them. There's still a chance not one will even be sent. If you receive one, don't tell anyone else. Perhaps that person may be at the end of the alphabet and who knows, I may stop at the letter L.

I promise to have more respect for the ritual of Christmas cards next year. It really was nice to take one less thing off Priority list this year, so thanks for being gracious and not holding it against us. (That's a hint.) :)

2 comments:

Meg said...

Okay so I'm one of those crazy ones who loves this time of year when all the Christmas cards come...especially the picture ones! Today was the first day in a couple weeks we didn't get ANY. So, I'm hoping to see yours come soon...if you don't make it past the Ls...maybe just one R for the Roundys?! :)

Kristin said...

Well, I would be a hypocrite if I said that you need to send one to us b/c we didn't get ours sent out this year either-please don't cross us off the list though-we will get them out next year!