I have been adding to these notes with a great deal of care over several weeks. Patience was absolutely necessary. I had to wait until the final show on my list had its final episode in order to press the "Publish Post" button. And then, it was time...
The List: [In no particular order]
- Lost: Fantastic season! How in the world does this show just keep getting better and better. WOW! Last season they moved the island and I thought that was brilliant. This season they blew it up and restarted time! Say wha'? With next season being the final season of Lost, we're expecting a lot of loose ends to tie up. Jack's Dad, Island origins, whatever happened to Claire?, Jin needs to be reunited with his wife, what's in the guitar case, and are we really and truly finished with the love triangle? So many months away... must have closure... (sigh)
- Chuck: I love this show and I also sometimes find myself saying things like… Seriously??? Kudos on the cast additions of Chevy Chase and Scott Bakula. There isn’t one character that I’m “done” with. Adam Baldwin is priceless as Casey. The special forces came parachuting into the Awesome’s wedding, the Mr. Roboto wedding entertainment, and the death of Chuck’s ex-best friend all seemed fitting. Without Chuck at the BuyMore, there may be no more NerdHerd (really? sniff sniff). Only a fan can say this, but wasn't there anyway to avoid the Kung Fu? I’m along for the ride (if there is one - please renew!).
- NCIS: Intense! There were a few episodes of build up to this ground shaking episode. They pulled Tony's character into a new category - not just funny man, but capable and earning every bit of his seniority. The ending didn't tie things up nicely, but rather painfully (you'll know what I mean if you saw the episode). They left us in just the right place to be excited for the season opener in the Fall.
- CSI: Langston is earning his place on the cast, but certainly not the memborable finale we had last season with Warick's death. It's interesting though. I hope to keep watching, but with all the competition out there for my attention, I hope the writers continue to bring interesting story lines which make this a great series. How will they develop the internal struggle of healer with defensive criminal investigator? As we saw in the finale, those two aspects of his life now will not co-mingle well.
- Ghost Whisperer: Was that really the season finale? Maybe I'm just growing numb to the storyline, but I wasn't all that impressed. I think they sort of jumped the shark with having Melinda's husband acquire someone's body to come to life again. But then having her marry her husband in his new body (Sam) seemed like a shark and a whale? Plus, the whole pregnancy and the Watchers?? Every season they keep you thinking something big is going to happen like all these ghosts and Watchers keep predicting and every season you're still waiting. Perhaps the waiting is over for this "watcher".
- Smallville: Can we get this guy flying already? It's been like 7 seasons. And, Jimmy Olson? Was it necessary to kill him off instead of Chloe? This season, I'm glad we had some closure on Lana (that should have happened years ago), but it would have been nice to also get rid of Chloe. Let's leave more room for Lois to finally fulfill her role. My guess is we haven't seen the last of Doomsday. Wasn't surprising that the GreenArrow was right - the guy is always right. I'm becoming more of an Oliver fan than a Clark fan. With Clark walking out and declaring Clark Kent dead and embracing his Kryptonian side fully I'm wondering if what they are really saying is that he has given up hope for humans. A perspective he's sure to grow out of. This show is really taking it's time getting around to things. Losing me... but not yet.
- House: I didn't see it coming that way. This show always surprises me. It had been building to this for some time, and I'm not talking about Cuddy and House. It was genius to write in a breakdown of that magnitude. It gives "I see dead people" new meaning, as well as "love is for dreamers". He's off to the padded room. Can't wait to see what happens with his return (at least I'm anticipating that they will eventually release him).
- Fringe: I resisted this show. Nope, not interested. Rob kept watching "his show". I was at least glad to see "Paycie" employed. Good season finale. Who would have thunk it? The Doctor's son is alive and kicking and been with him all these months, yet he visits his gravestone and speaks of a time when he was sorrowful - when he had to go "retrieve something" from another place. The time warp thing is interesting, but that last scene of Spock in the World Trade Center - brilliant!!!
- The Office: Nice finale. No huge cliff hangers. Lighthearted. Thought the Slum Want to be a Dundermillionaire (or whatever the title was of the skit) was pretty funny. There's going to be a small new cast member next season, but I'm curious if they will actually draw that arrival all the way out to next years season finale.
- Heroes: I hate to say this, but I'm done. It was interesting for a while, and I still really like many of the characters, but I've become bored with it. And, I have to say, Claire's wig was driving me NUTS! So, in the end, I didn't care too much that a major character was killed and replaced (so to speak). [listen to sound of hands wiping clean]
- Project Runway: Clearly missing this season. I HATE when network politics and legal issues prevent a show from doing what it was born to do - promote diva-ness, attitude, ego, drama, and most importantly the RUNWAY! Oh, I miss you. Will you ever be the same on your new network? Have we lost our run?
Missing your favorite show? We do catch a few other ones not listed. I must make clear though that there are several popular ones we don't watch including American Idol, Desperate Housewives, Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, Grays Anatomy, Gossip Girl or 90210. We need to leave some time for living!

2 comments:
LOVE the recap! Oh, and Juliette was just spotted(Lost) at our local grocery yesterday by my friend who chatted her up a bit. I was so jealous. I had heard she lived by us....now I will be on the lookout to BFF her and get some of the answers to the finale. HA!
I understand your comments on Heroes...kind of bored myself. And I agree with your comments about The Office...those are about the only two I watch. But I also saw the American Idol and Biggest Loser finales this year, and they were pretty good. Anyways, love the fact that Toby is playing soccer now. He's adorable.
Post a Comment