Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Favorite Things...

Move over Oprah...

Jen’s Favorite Things:

  • Burt’s Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Crème with cocoa butter and sesame oil – I have tried a lot of hand creams because my hands get so dry. It repels water through hand washings without being too greasy, and I can feel the moisture return to my skin.
  • Timbuk2 Women’s Laptop Backpack – I can’t remember the model type, but it’s thinner then many laptop backpacks to be made to fit a woman. Has many easy to access pockets and is very durable. I’ve had it for a year now and LOVE it for work.
  • Plantain Chips from Trader Joes – very yummy. And natural. Toby loves them and it doesn’t believe me that they are bananas.
  • Nuts About Raspberries and Chocolate Trek Mix from Trader Joes – just eat it! I’m addicted to the healthy flavor combination.
  • Virgin America Airlines – Great interactive catalog to view/listen to while you’re on the plane. Toby watched some cartoons, I watched some episodes of the Office, and Rob listened to a variety of music and videos. We even text messaged each other between seats when my D&K were also on the same flight. Did I mention they’re relatively cheap?
  • Project Runway (Bravo) – the screenwriters may be striking, but this show goes on with business as usual. I can’t wait to see what they come up with each week. Also, try on Little People, Big World (TLC). Another fave, Top Chef (Bravo).
  • Banana Republic jeans – nothing fits me better, that I have found. You can usually find a pair on the clearance rack for less.
  • Silpada earrings – the earrings I wear when I want to be sassy.
  • Hanes Socks for Boys – they fit really well on Toby. Not too tight, and strong for an active shoe-less child around the house.
  • JCPenney’s – it’s like rediscovering an old friend (my Mom worked there long ago). We bought some drapes, a rug, and a mattress there this fall and we started to realize how much great stuff they have.
  • Chooka Rainboots – These were a Christmas gift from D&K. Mine are red with the golden gate bridge and a cityscape including a cable car on them. Is it possible to frame these? They’re almost too fun to wear.
  • Terro Outdoor Spray & Ant Bait – We may be completely suffocated by ants if it wasn’t for this stuff. Great for wherever you can safely put toxic ant bait. Are they publicly traded? We may have to buy some stock in this stuff soon.
  • Blogger.com – how in the world would I catch up with friends who live elsewhere without it?

More favorites to come.

2 comments:

Meg said...

i like your style jen! great stuff there. i have sound of music if you want to finally see it and watch "favorite things"!

THE GTEAM said...

Glad we're friends.
Tony would definitely count TJ's "plantain chips" as one of his faves, too. I also love Little People, Big World, Project Runway and Top Chef! We're getting rid of our Bravo channel now, though. Boo.