Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nuclear Soil Produces Jumbo Fruit




Can you guess what this thing is that is growing in our backyard? We thought at first that they were the biggest grapefruit we'd ever seen. We quickly realized that they were lemons, and not even ripe yet - still green around the edges. Each one is around the size of a cantalope. Was this house once built on a nuclear power plant? Anyone have an explanation for this? If so, please comment... We are strangely entertained by our monster fruit. :)

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

HOLY COW...those are the biggest lemons I've ever seen and I've lived in California a LOOONG time! Love the perspective as compared with Toby's noggin. Seriously, that thing deserves a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Tyler & Cathie said...

Those are lemons? WOW!! You sure you're not growing squash? And look at your little man...he's growin up so fast!

THE GTEAM said...

I am speechless!
-WG

The Kilgores said...

Are you sure that's a large lemon and that you didn't shrink Toby?

Jan said...

If life hands you lemons...