Today is Rob's birthday. Last night Toby and I made a few dozen cookies (Toby is getting the hang of baking). Some people send cupcakes to school with their kid on their birthday. I send my husband to work with cookies on his birthday, and a decorated box. He was well taken care of. Someone brought in cupcakes for his birthday, too. Since this is the 2nd year in a row that I've given him cookies to share with his coworkers on his birthday, I think we'll make it a tradition.
I'm so proud of how hard he's been working. It's not easy to do a 40-hour work week, and a 40-hour school week simultaneously like he's been doing this quarter. Toby and I are waiting in the wings for any free minute he has. He's managing it all very well, and with lots of grace and even a little mercy for himself occasionally . He's quite handsome for a 36 year-old, sleep deprived, student/professional/friend/husband/father. "My boy's wicked smart!"
So, having said that, it's not surprising that it's 11:38 on his birthday and he's juggled his day like a pro. Tonight after work we had dinner as a family, Rob and I went to see a movie for his birthday, and since we arrived home he's been studying.
Love you, Robby! I'm celebrating you and I thank our God for you! Happy Birthday!
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment