I love the Olympics. Everytime I hear the anthem watching an opening or closing ceremony, or an athlete receives their medal, or some amazing Olympic moment happens - you'll find me in tears. Can't help it! It's the sap in me.
What to do about China? Hmmm... Can't really entirely keep politics out of the Olympics, can you? I understand the issue with Tibet. I also understand the issue of all those athletes and fans looking forward to the Olympics - no matter where they are. I'm one of them. It seems, you can't really win either way. I would have wanted to be on the sidelines to watch the torch, but anyone could tell it was going to be a dangerous and frustrating situation for a fan. Without the fans cheering from the sidelines, what good is a torch relay? Especially with the game of cat and mouse that we saw in SF today. They didn't keep the torch to the route designated, but instead just focused on completing the relay itself - no matter where it went. I understand that as well because it is the only U.S. stop on the route. I have no idea what this Summer's Olympics have in store. I really hope I get to watch without feeling guilty for enjoying them.



0 comments:
Post a Comment