What a season we had... With the writers strike leaving many of our favorite programs hanging, or well... missing, jumping back into the season in March made it a bit tough to recapture the momentum. We like our stories. Here's my take on some season endings.
Season Finale's:
- CSI - What just happened? Seriously?! One of the main characters gets off'd. Sad, but you know that the team will "bring it" in September. We lost track of the show beginning of the season. Having Sarah gone didn't matter too much to us. Though, this next loss of Warrick will be a bit tougher to imagine for next season.
- House - OK, that was a great season finale. The two episodes leading up to it set a great foundation for a very complicated and well written exit of one of the characters. It puts House and his best friend in a very strange spot that may not be forgiven. The real question will be "can House forgive himself?" We were thinking about this for a couple of days past the show. Nicely done!
- Dancing with the Stars - First season I'd watched this (Rob cannot be included in this one - he would not watch it). How could I resist with such an interesting cast of characters? I was rooting for Kristi Yamaguchi - and I don't think anyone had a doubt she was going to take home the mirror-ball. That was fun.
- NCIS - Another main character off'd. Finale was good. Great?... maybe not. It was time for some change and the exit of the Director was needed. Stirring the pot with the new director disassembling Gibbs team is interesting in a good way! Wonder what they'll do with that.
- Ugly Betty - Hmm... this show is losing it's spunk. Having Christian Scieriano guest star was cool - for the less than 5 minutes he was on the screen several episodes back. I don't know where they are doing with this show... I can't even remember how it ended.
- The Office - Was ok. Could have been better. They need to steer a bit clear of some of the office romance that makes things a little less funny. The idea of Toby exiting, and the new HR person coming in was good (though how could you not like Toby?). I find it funny that she could be a match for Michael. Hope the writers give us a better next season than this last season.
- Smallville - The coolest part of this show is when they unite the Justice League. This season it happened so very little (they were off somewhere else fighting evil other than Smallville) that I kept hoping to see them. Clarke hasn't accepting his role yet as a superhero fighting injustice and won't accept their invitation to join them. So, his main goal is fighting Lex, now that they are officially at war. They ended the season with Lex having the power to control Clarke. Hmm... I think they could have done better. LET THE BOY LEARN TO FLY, ALREADY!!!
Still awaiting tonight's 2 hour finale of Lost (sure to be terribly confusing), and Top Chef coming in the couple of weeks. Thank goodness for DVR's. If you want to talk shows, send me a comment on one I may not have mentioned. Note that we aren't watching Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Amazing Race/Biggest Loser/Survivor, or How I Met Your Mother. Can you tell this is my method for relaxing. I mean, it's not like I'm a "reader". j/k


1 comments:
The only one out of those that I watch is the Office. (And LOST, which I can't wait until you comment on!)
I loved the Office's finale...laughed at the idea that Kevin is "special" and Jan is having a baby wihout Michael. Glad Toby's gone...I always felt the jokes surrounding his character were painful!
:)Wendy
Post a Comment