Have you ever been on a big roller coaster? Do you remember the beginning of the ride at the top? It's quiet, you're moving relatively slow, and you're starting to turn around the bend. You know now is the time to hold on really tight to the bar, plant your feet on the floor of the car, and get "brave". You know you're going to be thrown around a bit and this is your one time to take a deep breath. Then... the roller coaster car peeks over the edge, and drops...
It's getting closer. And, I really hope they heeded the warnings. If they didn't evactuate (and I can't understand why not), I hope they are holding on tight, planting their feet on the ground, taking a deep breath and getting "brave". Because, here it comes...
We don't have the opportunity for warnings in earthquake country. They just come. You are either prepared at that very moment, or you're not. Hurricanes come much more often. Earthquakes have the element of surprise. Hurricanes have the element of frequency. Say a prayer for the ones that stayed, and the ones that will have to start over.

0 comments:
Post a Comment